Wednesday, September 9, 2009

THE MOTHER-IN-LAW'S BEADS

Some painted plastic beads with "faux" pearls in unusual olive and khaki colours, probably from the 1960's. I just added the little gold spacers.


Last autumn my mother-in-law gave me a box of old beads and broken jewellery. I felt rather awkward about that fact that she had given them to me and not to one of her three daughters. So I came up with the idea of remaking some of the beads into gifts for the daughters, and the grand-daughters, for Christmas. These are two of them. I think they all appreciated the jewellery and it made me feel better, too.


Some pretty plastic beads in a marbled purple and aqua colour. I added some glass beads, silver spacers and Swarovski crystals. The old beads were probably 1970's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, please leave one.