Friday, November 6, 2009

RECYCLING


The large glass beads are Gutermann beads and were in a necklace I bought a while ago. (From the lady in the woolshop as it happens.)
One day I noticed that three of the beads were cracked. I must have dropped the necklace at some time and not realised. So I took it apart, discarded the damaged beads and added a few of my own to remake it.
(I know they are Gutermann beads as I have since seen them for sale.)
***
Not many years ago I wouldn't have known how to do that and it would have ended up in the bin.
A long time ago I binned an old necklace that had belonged to my former mother-in-law because some of the beads were damaged.
I now wish I hadn't. I didn't know it then but I know now that they were old millefiori beads and maybe even quite valuable. If I still had it I could have done something with the good beads.
***
You live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, please leave one.