Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A BIRTHDAY NECKLACE


A colleague asked me to make a necklace for her friend's 60th birthday. Interpreting her ideas was a bit tricky - the general design was to be for something bright and a bit wild and unusual.


I found it completely nerve-wracking to come up with something. I don't normally do wild and unusual. I used a polymer clay pendant that I got from an Ebay seller that I use fairly often, and just put in a complete jumble of beads.



Detail of the polymer clay pendant.

The requirement was also to personalise it with her name and "60" on the clasp. I couldn't find "60" as a charm anywhere so I decided to use letter beads and spell it out. The words are attached to the clasp by beading wire so she can snip them off if she gets tired of advertising her age !!

I hope she likes it.

2 comments:

I love reading comments, please leave one.