Sunday, December 20, 2009

TAKING ORDERS

A colleague asked me to make a selection of necklaces and earrings for her young children to give to their teachers as Christmas presents. I had no idea kids did that sort of thing. I certainly didn't when I was at school. When did this custom start ??



A polymer clay pendant with various glass beads including some of my favourites - "crackle beads".

Detail of the pretty polymer clay pendant.


Black and brown beads for a teacher with short dark hair who likes dangly earrings.

I was given a brief description of each person who was to receive a gift and the rest was up to me. It was fun if a bit worrying designing something for someone I hadn't met.




Detail of the dangly earrings.


Dyed shell and more crackle beads.



Glass beads with Swarovski bicones and freshwater pearls. This was the most expensive set to make.

.

A selection of earrings, ready to be finished off with earhooks.

The word from the staffroom is - everyone was pleased with their gifts. That's a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, please leave one.