Monday, February 1, 2010

INSPIRATION FROM BOOKS

I love books. Always have. Fortunately there are lots of books on beading and making jewellery available so I have treated myself to some. I have also been given some as gifts and borrowed lots from the local library (although parting with these after a couple of weeks is hard!).




A friend spotted this book in a secondhand shop and bought it as a present for me. Miriam Haskell (1899 -1981) made costume jewellery for the rich and famous in the 40's, 50's and 60's.





It's full of fabulous designs. Some of them would be impossible to repeat using the basic skills I have but there others that have given me lots of ideas.





In the book, it's interesting to see how a very chic but simple outfit would be transformed into something quite spectacular by the addition of the right piece of jewellery.




These necklaces are some of my favourites. They would go perfectly with a "Carmen Miranda" outfit !!

1 comment:

  1. Great book! What a treasure! Those are such great necklaces - and what creative "endings". Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, please leave one.