Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A QUESTION OF INTERPRETATION

A colleague asked me to make another birthday necklace for her. The vague idea was for a messy necklace for someone who likes nature. So I was thinking shell, bone, wood and semiprecious beads. Then she added that she also likes sparkly things. Hmmmmm.




She also wanted a the birthday girl's name on it. As I was unable to get to the bead shop to buy the letter beads, she volunteered to fetch these for me. She also bought a selection of other beads that she thought I might put in the necklace. Now there's a surprise, I thought.



This is not what I had in mind at all. However, I added a pretty shell pendant I had picked up at a charity shop last year and some other "natural" beads of wood and shell - et voilĂ . A necklace for someone that likes nature and fairies, made from a mixture of natural and sparkly beads but pretty all the same.


I hope she likes it.

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely! And a great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She should, it's gorgeous! I love the angels!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, please leave one.