Thursday, July 1, 2010

WEDDING DAY BLUES

I offered to make a necklace for a colleague to wear with her "mother of the groom" outfit next month. Her dress is a mixture of blues and greens, with an aqua colour predominating.




I partly made up a few designs so that she could decide what sort of thing she wanted. Mostly they were too strong in colour and drew too much attention away from the dress, I thought.


We decided on a minimalist design, including some of my favourite beads to use, crackle beads, shell and Swarovski crystals. Also some black beads to reflect the black bits in the pattern of the fabric and to blend with her black accessories.


She was very pleased with it. I have suggested that she wears it a few times before the big day so that I will have time to fix it if it falls apart - always a worry !!


Detail of the heart pendant. My colleague doesn't usually go in for too much glitter or soppy hearts but she felt it was ok to have one at her son's wedding !!

2 comments:

  1. This is quite beautiful. I love it. I have made quite a bit in the past, must put my mind back to it once more. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - thank you. Doing something creative with beads is very therapeutic, I find. And if you don't like the end result you can undo it and all you have lost is a bit of wire.
    Unlike knitting where it takes hours and hours of work and if you don't like it, undoing it is such a pallaver that it gets shoved to the back of the cupboard and forgotten. At least that's what happens in this house !!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, please leave one.