Friday, February 24, 2012

TAKE TWO ON A PEARL NECKLACE

beads1

I started making jewellery as a result of having some necklaces made by the lady who runs a nearby wool shop.  She used my mother’s broken pearl necklace to make one necklace for me and one for my niece, Joanna.

I looked at how she had done it and decided I would like to learn how to do that myself.  The rest, as they say, is history.

beads2

Joanna was just a little girl at the time and the original necklace is now too small for her.  So she asked me to use the pearls again to make another one.

beads3

She still likes the colour turquoise so I gave her some beads to choose from and this is what i made from the ones she chose.

beads4

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, recycled to fit once more. It is very pretty. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I was very pleased with it, although a bit surprised that she didn't choose something more "trendy".

      Delete

I love reading comments, please leave one.