Sunday, July 29, 2012

OLYMPIC BLING

Yesterday I went to a workshop learning how to make dichroic glass pendants.  It was great fun.  The pendants are being fired in the kiln at the shop and I can’t wait to see the results !!

Anyway, while I was in the bead shop I spotted these sparkly union flag beads.  There were only a handful left so I swooped.  I couldn’t wait to rustle something up.

olympic beads3

After all, while the athletes of Great Britain are pulling out all the stops at the games, it seems unfair of me to put the beads on one side for a couple of week’s contemplation before I got around to making something !!

olympic beads1The sparkly ones are crystal shamballa beads.  Making shamballa bracelets is, apparently, hugely popular just now. 

It’s tempting but, what with my stack of beads, my collection of half-knitted jumpers and pile of recipe books I really don’t need to start another pastime / passion / obsession !!

olympic beads4

Mind you……they’re very pretty beads…… but no, I think I’ll just stick with making the occasional necklace.  For now.

3 comments:

  1. Very patriotic! Wish I could have joined you at the workshop, it sounds interesting. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, you would have loved it !!

      Delete

I love reading comments, please leave one.